One thing you’ll notice about this site is there isn’t much baking going on. I’m the first to admit I’m an awful baker. I don’t have the natural talent for it. Did I mention having baked treats in my apartment is a bad idea too?
If I’m baking anything it’s for an event and I keep it as simple as possible. An old-time easy favorite of mine is apple crisp. No one believes how simple it is. The hardest part is peeling and slicing the apples.
Examples of apples that would work with this recipe: Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, Fuji, Golden Delicious, etc.
Apple Crisp - Only 3 Ingredients Needed
- 1 8x8 non-stick cake pan
- 16.5 oz Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 5 medium Red Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Peel the apples and slice thinly. You can make the apples thicker if you like. The key is to make them al the same size for even cooking.
- Layer the apples in the 8x8 non-stick baking pan.
- In a bowl combine cake mix and 1/4 of the melted butter using a fork to create “crumbles”. Continue to add the butter and mix with a fork.
- Top the apples with the cake mix. Place in the middle rack and bake for 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown.