Here is a recipe near and dear to my heart. It’s a crowd-pleaser. Doesn’t matter if you barely know how to boil water, you can make this. I don’t have a backstory for this recipe. It’s filling and a great alternative when too much of your paycheck is going to unlimited mimosas.
Breakfast/Brunch Nachos Feat. Maple Bacon
- 18 oz bag of tortilla chips
- 4 large eggs sunny side up
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Vegan Gourmet Shreds Fiesta Blend Cheese optional
- 6-8 slices thick cut maple syrup bacon
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 tbsp cilantro freshly chopped
- 3 tbsp scallions sliced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp red onion diced
- Make ahead guacamole:Cut the avocado in half. Remove seed. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado into a bowl. Using a fork smash the avocado add 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, the lime juice, and red onion. Mix well and set aside in an air tight container.
- Place 6-8 slices of bacon on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until crispy. CAREFULLY remove the bacon from the oven, set aside on a paper towel for later. Save the bacon grease (YES, I said save the bacon grease)
- Using a baking dish or cast iron skillet, add one layer of tortilla chips. Take 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease and drizzle over the chips. Add another layer of chips, and drizzle additional 1 tablespoon of bacon grease on top. Place the chips in the oven at 400 degrees and bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove chips from the oven. Top with salsa and then cheese. Place back into the oven, bake until cheese is melted.
- After the cheese has melted top the nachos with crumbled bacon, 4 eggs sunny side up, remaining cilantro, scallions. Place guacamole on the side of the dish to gradually add in.