Tired of the usual salads with romaine lettuce, chicken, a bit of cheese and a low calorie dressing? Good news, there are better ways to use your calories. Super food salads are the way to go when you need a pick me-up but don’t want to be kneeled over starving in the middle of a work meeting.
Raw Brussels sprouts I know sounds sketchy but it’s SO GOOD! The high amount of sulfur helps rid your body of the nasty toxins, which is essential during a proper detox. Basically, put things in your body that are easily digestable and good for you.
Add in your favorite protein for a complete meal. Enjoy!
P.S. if on a low carb diet, get sugar-free cranberries.
Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad with Ginger Dressing
- 2 cups brussels sprouts ribboned
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup parmesean shaved
- 1/4 cup pistachios roasted & chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- honey if the dressing is too tart
- Add all ingredients and mix
- Cut off the stems of washed brussels sprouts and thinly slice into ribbons
- Remove stems from washed kale and roughly chop
- Place all remaining ingredients into a bowl
- Add salad dressing and mix before serving