It’s almost new year’s resolution time. That means low carb diets like paleo, keto, etc. will be the new fad. It’s best to set yourself up for success this time around, right?
First off, I love risotto but it can be a pain to make with all the stirring. This recipe skips all that without denying you the creaminess and comfort.
Click the ingredient links to add them to your shopping cart on Amazon for same day delivery!
Cauliflower Bacon & Mushroom Risotto
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan shredded
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 cup spinach roughly chopped
- Link to instructions on how to prepare cauliflower rice is located here.
- In a skillet, cook the strips of bacon over medium-low heat. Once browned and crispy, remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil into the skillet and increase the temperature to medium-high. Cook the garlic, onions, and mushrooms for ~5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet bring the heavy cream, white wine vinegar and chicken broth to a boil. Add the cauliflower rice, spinach, parsley, basil, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Reduce to a simmer and cover for ~7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and crumbled bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.